6.03.2013

Lima, Ohio Real Estate Reality

You are reading it all over the news today.  Home sellers are loving life across the country because there seem to be a bunch of buyers and not enough houses for all of them to buy.  A dream situation for those holding the limited supply over the heads of those who demand.

Wait, you live in the Greater Lima, Ohio metro area.

Every real estate agent, company, and player will tell you over, and over, and over: "All real estate is local."
Our housing market is okay, but not as great as some and definitely not as bad as others.  The supply and demand is still a little out of balance in favor of buyers around here.

(average numbers here) For the greater Lima area there are enough homes currently on the market to last for 14 months at our current sales pace.  Without either half the sellers removing themselves from the market OR twice as many buyers joining the market, we are looking at the potential for another year of decreases in home values.  Ouch.

Now you can tell me about your neighbor who just sold their $100,000 home for $175,000 in 20 days and I will believe you, but I can tell you about the 260 people who have had their homes on the market at 2011 prices for over a year and still haven't gotten an offer.

You can be upset at me and go find an agent somewhere who will tell you that your home is the greatest thing since sliced bread and will sell for 200% of what it is worth in record time, that's fine.  Please call me next year after your friendly real estate agent has quit taking your calls, has only asked you to reduce your price 10 times, and just sold your other neighbors house to buyers who looked at yours!

I am so mean to tell you the truth.

It is not intended to be all doomsday from me.  I want to tell you how to get the Maximum Price that buyers are willing to Pay in today's market   I want to tell you how to sell your home faster than market average.  I want to tell you how to realize increases in asset values through smart investment strategies that can turn profit quickly.

I just won't lie to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment