10.19.2012

A Very Healthy Habit

     It is such a simple thing.  Someone does something to you, for you, or even for another and you appreciate their actions; send them a thank you note.

   My mother always told me to send thank you notes to everyone who gave me a gift.  She would buy the cards, envelopes, and stamps and then ride my butt until I wrote all the cards.  She even addressed and sent the cards for me and still I thought that she was only out to satisfy some sadistic urge.  As always, Mom was right.

These days I try to find some time every day to write and send thank you notes. Taking a little time to write, address, stamp, and send notes is cathartic. It really helps you appreciate the goodness in others even more than you think you do when others are being good to you.

I don't know quite how to word it to help you understand the power found in the pen when writing and sending thanks to those who deserve it.

As simple as I can,"Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment